Program Reviews, Consults
- Borough of Manhattan Community College, Academic Program Review team member,
- Video Arts and Technology Program, April 2017.
- Smith College: Decennial Review Team, Sexuality, Women and Gender Program, 2017.
- Consultant, University of the Pacific, Media Studies X Program development, 2016.
- Evaluator: Swiss National Science Foundation Commission for Public Science
- Communication; Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada: 2011.
- Doctoral Program Evaluator, Becoming Media, for the Austrian Science Fund, 2009.
- WASC Accreditation Evaluation Team Member for Art Center College of Design, 2007, 2009.
- Team Member for Evaluation of Cal Arts, 2010.
- World Records Journal: Editorial Board, 2017-present.
- Catalyst: Feminism, Theory, and Technoscience, Editorial Board: 2015-present.
- Feminist Media Histories: Editorial Board: 2015-present.
- GLQ: Editor, Moving Image Section: 2008-2013.
- Cinema Journal, Editorial Board: 2003-8.
Panels, Screening Committees
- Peabody Award, Screening Committee Chair for Documentary Competition, 2017.
- Visual Resistance, Oversight Committee, 2017.
- Leman Manhattan Preparatory School, Student Film Fest, Judge, 2017.
- Herb Alpert Award Panelist: 2016.
- Peer Panelist, COLA Award, Department of Cultural Affairs, City of LA, 2013.
- Documentary competition judge, Outfest, 2002.
- Watching/Making Race, Union Docs, Workshop Organizer, 2017.
- Magnet Media, Board, 2017-present.
- Prison Based Education with the Prison Education Project: 2014-2015.
- Queer Mentor SCMS Queer Caucus Mentor Program, 2010-present: 2 mentees/year.
- Project advisor, beta-testing: www.socratube.com and TheWebisodes.com, 2008.
- Resolutions3, Contemporary Video Art Practices, Advisory Committee, 2008-09.
- Women in the Director’s Chair 20th Anniversary, Honorary Chairperson, 2000.